Midnight Sakura - My First Acrylic Painting



I have a habit of indulging whenever I feel really depressed or stressed out. It just soothes me when I am able to cheer myself up; knowing that I am worthy of the things I could buy on my own. Usually I get ridiculously humble and wouldn't let anyone buy me anything but whenever you feel down, it is not a bad thing to treat yourself for the happiness you deserve.

So I went ahead and bought a set of acrylic paints, a pad of oil/acrylic painting paper and went home with a lighter heart. Since the paper was really expensive, I didn't want to use it at first and tried to paint on a 200gsm paper...boy that went so well! Hahaha... it wouldn't hold onto the heavy acrylics and water and just disintegrated...

It actually took me a whole 5 days to finally be brave enough to use that expensive paper (and even for this painting I actually divided it into half). It was also because I needed to spend some time studying and researching about the basics and techniques of acrylics.

FINALLY! I was brave enough to make the first stroke...

2 days later...this is the results!



It was based off this picture I found on Google because I knew I had to have a guide since this is my first time. I spent the whole 2 days dedicating every brush stroke to learn and get used to the acrylic. I was not aiming for a masterpiece...I just wanted to try new things~




My painting went really well. Apart from going crazy from dotting the stars and repeatedly painting all individual flowers, I felt relaxed and it was overall a therapeutic session for me.

As I watched a few animes and a few inspirational painting/drawing videos on YouTube, time flew by and I was entranced with the work. It was tiring when I sat and stood through the hours but I never felt weighed down by it.







I can't really define this painting as my own because it is guided and inspired by the original artwork, but this painting means a lot to me...just like the blooming cherry blossoms in the midnight sky, I wanted this to be a stepping stone to change and become a stronger person. The cherry blossoms are small and fragile but they choose to bloom despite the darkness. I want the painting to be a memoir of my past and push myself towards the future.




Thank you so much for reading this post and I do hope to be able to do more artwork soon!

Assalamualaikum & ciao!
| Anis Diana







Follow my blog with Bloglovin

Popular Posts