Spring Rain Thoughts



Well, the word 'spring' may actually be misused in the title here (because there's no spring in Malaysia) but it's the thought that counts right?

In the midst of the El Nino a.k.a the worst heatwave I have ever experienced in Malaysia, days when a huge shower of rain arrives are honestly a blessing despite the frightening thunder and lightning as well as the harsh strong winds. And with such rain and the companion of melancholic music, sentimental feelings could easily arise.

As for me, I suddenly had the thoughts of how I am soon to be twenty which meant that I have lived for almost two full decades now...but have I lived all these years in the best way possible?

The question may come to many and it's not unique to my own train of thoughts of course. Each day is a blessing especially when we are able to live in peace and comfort. When we see the days this way, it just makes my heart ache as to how there are so many out there who are suffering from war, hunger and poverty and I am sitting here only writing out my thoughts. To be honest, it just makes me feel ashamed about the days where I had the thought "I hate my life" or even had the guts to feel unsatisfied with the comfort I have. But the real question is....what do I want to do about that?

After 19 years, I am proud of the person I am now but of course, I cannot be satisfied. I want to grow more...be a better person; kinder, wiser and able to give back to my family and the world I have been born into.


There is so much to do and so little time...heck, who knows how much time I actually have left?

But with every first breath we heave at dawn is a new opportunity to start anew. Even if we have to shed tears and cry out of anger, there will always be a chance to change right?

Like the flower swaying in the heavy spring rain, even if we lose many of our petals, even if we are weighed down my the raindrops, keep our roots firm and struggle to bloom every day.


InsyaAllah.


Assalamualaikum and ciao!


Music: 봄비 (Spring Rain) - Our Town's Music Commander (original singer: Park In Soo)






| Anis Diana
YouTube | Twitter | Instagram

Popular Posts