Shingeki no Kyojin 2nd Season Confirmed for Spring 2017!

Ladies and gentlemen, it is time to hop onto the hype-train once again...

First visual

Main article: http://myanimelist.net/news/46754268

As an avid fan of the Shingeki no Kyojin anime franchise, I have definitely been waiting for this news for the past FOUR years. Yes, since the end of the first anime back in September 2013, I am one of the people who have waited patiently for this announcement. Let me say, I almost did a combination of cartwheels and backflips all over my room at the mention of this news.

WIT Studios shone to glory with the advent of the anime series of Shingeki no Kyojin and it was one of the most popular animes till this day -grabbing the attention of most anime fans and even non-anime fans alike. From its animation, art, sound, overall production and ESPECIALLY its suspenseful post-apocalyptic story, it definitely deserved all the hype; at least in my personal opinion as one of the fans of this series.

However, despite this glorious announcement, there are raises of anger and spite; why on earth did WIT Studios leave us in the dark for FOUR YEARS? Yes, I do feel the tension and disappointment due to waiting all these years for a single sequel and I understand how many people may have already lost all the excitement about the anime series.

Do I agree with this though? That's another question.

I have been re-watching this series at least 3 times each year because yes, I just love it THAT much. I have even caught up with the manga so I practically know what might be animated anyway.... but I am still so excited! Do I feel frustrated in having to wait an additional 9 months for the actual second season? Not at all...because in the end, it will arrive eventually and there are many other animes to be watched while in the wait. Heck, I have waited almost a whole decade for D.Gray Man's continuation so four years + nine months feels like child's play.

I don't understand why there are so much hostility and conflict in the anime community about a simple anime. Either you like it, or hate it...your opinion is your own and you don't have to shove it down somebody else's throat about it. Relax, and watch anime for the fun of it. Don't waste time on such stressful details...seriously, reality is chaotic enough so don't ruin the anime world too.

Another complaint from the anime community is that they have been wasting time with the production of Kabaneri of the Iron Fortress which is an anime that is...sub-par when compared to Shingeki no Kyojin but I actually enjoyed it. Of course, for the most part, every time I watch Kabaneri I just began to think: "Wow, I wish they would do this for the second season of SnK too" or something along those lines. In fact, I do believe that Kabaneri of the Iron Fortress has better animation, art and sound from the first season of Shingeki no Kyojin. So think about it...what if WIT Studios were just experimenting their production line with Kabaneri in order to prepare for the highly anticipated Shingeki no Kyojin Season 2? That would be AMAZING! 

It can also be seen that the second season has confirmed all its staff members as well as their main VAs from the previous series (Kaji Yuki, Kamiya Hiroshi, Ono Daisuke <3<3<3) so I can predict that it will be just as enjoyable if not even better! Other than the first season's Director Tetsurou Araki dropping to being the Assistant Director, I still have high expectations for this series along with the great hype I'm maintaining. 


More updates can be found on the new official website for the second season: http://shingeki.tv/season2/


Now, excuse me while I go and re-watch Shingeki no Kyojin for the umpteenth time. =P

Assalamualaikum and ciao!
| Anis Diana






Popular Posts