Hobbies are LIFE

WOW IT HAS BEEN A WHILE HASN'T IT? ^^;;

Okay, so my last post was in July which was when I started my final semester here in UiTM. Now it is October and...I have completed my semester! How time flies...

So yes, as a short update: I have completed my diploma of Communication and Media Studies here in UiTM and InsyaAllah, hopefully, I'll be able to graduate and proceed with getting my Bachelor's Degree next year! It was a hectic semester yet, it was bittersweet to end it.

But a new adventure begins soon!


For what I am doing now....I'm just using up this whole month to recuperate from the exhaustion of ending my 2 years and a half in university by lounging around at home. HOWEVER! I'm still tiring myself out - this time willingly- with a few projects and activities!

As per the title, I have joined the #Inktober challenge on Instagram with my art account to draw at least one drawing per day for the entirety of October. Unfortunately...due to finals and submissions...I lost about ten days already. T_T But I'm still hanging onto the challenge okay?! And I'm pretty stoked at my progressions so far...
Lavi from D.Gray Man

Levi from Attack on Titan

Oikawa Tooru from Haikyuu!!

Nishinoya Yuu from Haikyuu!!

Of course these are not drawn without exhaustion...but I realized that pulling a few extra hours to your artwork really makes a huge difference and it is understandable how artists are paid by the time they take to complete an artwork. Because in art, you can't ever push yourself to make a masterpiece within minutes. Taking time to complete it because you love doing it...that's why I draw. It is not a job to me; it's a hobby I'm passionate about and I love it. 

I still have a long way to go of course...yet, I'm proud of where I am at now. ^_^

Oh, and I'm also practicing guitar again! It has been...THREE years since I've last played it after the string broke. It still needs a few repairs here and there but I'm practicing again and that's all it counts. Like drawing, I'm not planning to push myself in learning. Taking it easy is the way to go for me.


If you are stressed out from work or if life's putting you in a rough patch...try to take some time out and indulge yourself in some leisure activities. Get a hobby and practice it. It can be as simple as reading a novel...I'm actually reading a few classic literature just to change some pace. To me, having hobbies is a blessing and something I'm grateful to have because it not only gives me a breather from all the harshness of reality but it challenges my creativity and really opens up my mind to a lot of things without me noticing.


That's all from me for now... Thanks for reading!


Follow my art Instagram: @nananosekai


Assalamualaikum & ciao!








Popular Posts