[DIARY] UiTM Interview for Diploma in Communication & Media Studies

Hey there everyone~
Today is probably one of the days that I will never forget as the experience throughout this interview was very mind-opening and...it just made me feel like I was literally growing up, you know? X'D

Okay, so I'll be sharing my experience as well as my personal advice to some of ya'll out there who may be going for this interview as well. I know I was searching the net for bloggers to read about their experience 2 days ago and thought to myself, "Yeah...I'll share my own experience too~"
If you want to read about my whole acceptance and...a little rant, you can read about it here!

Now, onto the Interview day~ I could not sleep last night...I was pretty nervous and thoughts about what the interviewer would ask and how I would present myself just made a whole hurricane storm in my brain and...it was ridiculous. =.= So, I woke up at 5AM after giving up on sleep and prepared myself; the whole sha-bang with very little makeup (just my typical BB Cream, eyeliner and one coat of mascara) and I donned a more 'modern' semi-formal outfit rather than a baju kurung.  After making one final check to my documents, my appearance and all, at 6.45AM, my family and I head out for UiTM Lendu, Melaka. We had breakfast at a stall in Alor Gajah and, to be honest the roti telur was pretty good~!

Anyways, as we reached the main entrance -that was when my heart began pounding. There a lot of people attending interviews of different departments and I met a few familiar faces; including my two friends, Sabrina and Tyna~ they had also applied for MassComm so I was pretty happy that I had friends with me... X'D So as the clock struck 8.30, we entered a room where the written test was held in and we were given 30 minutes to write a 200-word long essay about these 3 questions;

What do you know about Mass Communication? Why did you apply for this programme? What will you contribute to the faculty when you are accepted?

I saw many others who had been reading and memorizing scripts before entering the room but as for my friends and I, we literally just went in and wrote based on our own knowledge. 30 minutes went by pretty fast and after passing up the essay, we moved to a waiting room where we await our names to be called. It was about half an hour before my name was called and in I went~

There were two female lecturers in the room and after greeting and giving them my files, I sat down and introduced myself. I was able to sneak in a little of my own personal knowledge about MassComm in my introduction so I could see how the lecturer just smiled and nodded while listening to me. She then asked me about my reason for applying MassComm and I simply told her that I've been very interested and that I had a set of skills and experience in various areas of the field of study. She then took a look at my essay and asked me if I've done writing before and I said yes. The other lecturer, who had been checking my files then spoke up and told me that I have good SPM results and was surprised to know that I took 'Literature in English' and praised my English. I pretty much blushed and just said thank you (no idea what else I could say in that situation..X'D) 

So, I can't really write down EXACTLY what happened because...to be honest the interview became like a chat

I was answering their questions and instead of just moving onto a new question, they would comment about what I've said and even asked me a few questions about what I've said. That also gave me a chance to question little things about their curricular activities, studying environment and even at the very end, the lecturers gave me information about UiTM and advice for me to adapt into the new environment. It didn't feel like an interview AT ALL! I found myself becoming so comfortable and relaxed and I was able to joke with the lecturers, getting a few giggles here and there. Haha!

At the very end, I shook their hands and said "I'll look forward to studying with you, Puan~" and they giggled and nodded at me and told me "All the best~"

I then walked out with a smile and overall; SATISFACTION. All my worries were for NOTHING! It was such a fun interview that...I was happy to have been able to bring myself well. 
However right as I got in my dad's car to go home, my brain suddenly had a 'malfunction' and I felt exhausted. I guess I did push myself quite a bit to be able to talk well...hehehe...


Anyway, that is all for my little story...now I'd like to give you all a few tips so that you'd be able to go through the interview with confidence and a positive mind! However, I don't want to clutter this post so you can go check it out here:



The results of the final acceptance will be announced in about a month...do wish me luck guys! And for those who are about to go for the interview, ALL THE BEST OF LUCK from me and do your very best! ^_^

That's all for now and see you in my next one~ Assalamualaikum!



Popular Posts