AnimeHolic - [REVIEW] Fairy Tail S2 Episode 1

So...I am back into the anime groove and for those who may not know, I've been somewhat an otaku ever since 2010 but I kind of dropped out of the whole 'every week, new episodes to watch' kind of phase a few years back due to exams. However, considering my new free time I have while waiting for my application to college is accepted, I went back to catching up on several animes that I left off and one of them is none other than Fairy Tail~

I love this anime...the manga, not so much but I truly loved the vibrancy and a sense of 'loudness' from this anime. I know there are tons of controversies and complaints about the series due to all the 'well-endowed' female characters but I have no problems about that...so what if the creator wanted big boobed girls? =P

Anyway, I watched the new season 2 episode of Fairy Tail and...I have a few things to say about it.

First of, I'm glad that the anime is back in action and I can't wait for the other episodes...but boy did the art style bugged me. I mean, they look alike in a sense but I can sense some sort of a change with the colours and lines used. Fairy Tail used to have more...dynamic and distinct lines used to outline the characters and the colours were incredibly vibrant and they were the reasons to why I found Fairy Tail to be such a vibrant anime. I can't judge much from just one episode but...the new art style had a really dull colour palette that really just took away the vividness that I loved from the first season.

In all honesty, that is the only complaint I have for now...but I do hope they fix that in upcoming episodes because Fairy Tail is really a dynamic and loud anime and the colour scheme was one of the reasons I couldn't take my eyes off of it.

Next, BoA sang for their opening and...I'm hooked. This is probably the number 1 thing that I was excited for...I mean, it's another meetup of K-Pop and Anime! I LOVED 2PM's song for Ao no Exorcist's ending...despite the weird music video..X'D So I am really happy when I heard that the new opening song, 'MASAYUME Chasing' is by BoA. Props to BoA for an awesome job with the song and more so to the Fairy Tail production team to have it as their opening~ ;3

Overall, the art style bugged me the most and I fear that it may be a great downfall caused by the new production team. What I hate thought is how people blame Hiro Mashima for it when that is not the case at all....the anime is not single-handedly drawn by the mangaka and therefore explains to how Mashima has nothing to do with the new art style. But I do agree that they should bring back the original colour palettes and brighten up the anime...for I would be terribly disappointed if it continues to be dull and...somewhat halfheartedly done.


I'm still watching out for the next episodes! 頑張って フェアリーテイル!





Comments

Popular Posts