[DIARY] I'm Accepted to UiTM's Interview

So...as you all may have guessed (lol) by now, I'm Malaysian and I am currently in the process to get a placing into college. I'm not entirely fond of having my parents bust out their money to get me into a private college -although Taylor's University was my DREAM school ever since I was 13...*sigh*
Anyway, I applied for one of the public universities in Malaysia and I only placed my bet on ONE school despite the abundance of choices...well, not really and I'll explain later on.

I applied for Universiti Teknologi Mara (UiTM) in TWO fields of study amongst the 8 preferences that they give. X'D I was really making my parents worry when I took a huge bet to just have 2 choices out of 8 but I didn't care. I knew what I wanted to study so I believed in my own abilities.
Yesterday, the announcement was made for everyone to go online and check their placements...

And I was able to get a place for an interview for Diploma in Communication & Media Studies. Whoot~

I'm pretty happy that I managed to get the field of study that I wanted and all I have to do now is to ace that interview! Apparently there is a written exam of some sort...well, whatever. I'll do my best!


Okay, now...I just want to rant a little about Malaysia public universities so if you hate rants and a pro-Government kind of person, you may leave now.. ^_^;;

I just have to say, when I was applying through the UPU website, I felt very discriminated. I am very much not someone interested in Science, Engineering and Technology...but boy did the list seem ENDLESS with the choices made for that area.
Especially Science...like, WHY? Do you expect all students of Malaysia dreaming to become scientists and doctors?
What about Arts? Well...out of the many universities only ONE university offered Diploma in Art & Design and that was UiTM and one of the fields I chose. Even Communication & Media was only offered in UiTM. Like, what the hell Malaysia?
I'm sorry but the mindset of the people here in this country is so obsessed with money-making jobs and advancement in the science field. However, a few years back and maybe even now, we have a large number of students unable to get a job because there were TOO MANY doctors in the field. Hundreds were left jobless after getting their degree and stuff. My opinion on this type of situation? HA.HA.HA.

I feel very discriminated as someone who loves art. They treat us like 'weird' people. I know this may be a common thing too in other parts of the world but the mindset they have against us is so sickening that I could vomit; literally. "Arts is a stupid field of study because you'll be jobless once you graduate" or "Don't take Arts! No chance to get a good job"
Well, you know what? I don't give a shit for that.

InsyaAllah I will become a Communication & Media student and what I want to achieve is the knowledge and an in-depth idea to how the society of Malaysia thinks. As they say; keep your friends close, but keep your enemies closer.


That's all for my little diary entry~ Wish me luck for the interview and hopefully I'll soon be a college student.





Comments

Popular Posts