Bye 2016



As I am writing this, there's only 45 minutes left for the year of 2016.

Alike to the years before, I do feel that the year went by so fast and that so many things had happened through it that I'm still in the process of digesting everything that went by in the past 365 days. It is hard to believe that another year will be left behind me and another is to come.

The major point of 2016 is that it marked the second decade of my life in which I have barely been able to understand. Heck, I'm TWENTY YEARS OLD NOW. It's so...dreamlike. But then again, I think it's just a number because up in my head, yes; I am a twenty year old young adult who is ready to pursue her degree and future career and yet...deep in my heart, I'm still a child yearning to fall in love over and over again for fictional characters and get lost in books. So...am I an adult yet? Or am I still just an immature child? Only God knows for now. Haha!

What about the people around me? Well...this is one of the things of 2016 that brings a smile to my face every time I think about it. The friends I've lost and earned in the past two years had been like a bombard of bombs crashing in my life...yet, because of it, I've grown to realize how precious some of these people are in my life. I survived through university because of these three freaks and...honestly, I don't need anybody better because to me, they are the best. If I wanted to talk about every single moment I cherish with them, it would take me hours to get it all in writing so I'll just say that...Nina, Ana and Alif...because of you three, I believed in friendship again and I survived my lowest because you three were all there to grab my hand and pull me back up. Thank you and I miss you guys so much! Can't wait to see you all again in February!

Oh and about surviving university? I freaking killed it. I finished all of my five semesters and graduated with a Dean's List. Even if it's just for my final semester, I'm thankful to be able to at least leave with a bang. I loved and hated my experience to get my diploma. I never want to repeat some of it, but I can never forget the rest of it. Forward ho to the next challenge!! My degree, I will get you soon enough!!

But of course...2016 was not a smooth sail at all. A large chunk of this year had left me going to and back from hospitals like a second home. Seeing my father, my mother and my grandparents take their turns on the hospital beds left me quite broken and empty sometimes. Even now as I think back to those days and nights spent at the hospitals...I just realized that I don't have a lot of time left. It's depressing to think about it but reality is...I won't be able to be with them for much longer. Heck, I'm probably left with just a few more years to go. Everyone's got to say goodbye and leave this world sooner or later.

However, it is just those moments in the hospitals that sparked another light in me...and that is the fact that life is way too short to just sit around and do nothing!

In 2016, I painted numerous paintings. I drew hundreds of illustrations. I picked up my guitar after three years, fixed it and played it again. I started a YouTube channel. I finished my diploma. I spent hundreds on books and manga. I started working at a cafe. And there at the cafe, I fell in love with classical music once again after seeing a guy play the piano at a Yamaha Student Concert. And from there...I actually convinced my parents enough to buy a keyboard and...I started playing the one instrument I've loved ever since I was a kid but I never got the chance to do so. At twenty years old, I started playing piano.

There is so much more that I need to do...and so little time. But there's no end point just yet.







2016 had been rough and excruciating but it was beautiful in its own way. Thank you for everything.

Another page will be closed soon...and another shall open.


Hello 2017.




Assalamualaikum and ciao!


Popular Posts