Of Broadcasting Major and Comfort Zones



Man I suck at maintaining blogs...

To be completely honest, I feel that I'm bad at maintaining certain things whenever I am making a big move somewhere or changing my lifestyle and both things happened in the past 3 months. In a nutshell, I AM BACK IN UNIVERSITY FOR MY BACHELOR DEGREE!

The past three months have been a whirlwind of craziness and overall exhaustion trying to adjust to a new city, new campus and even my new house. At the same time, considering that we are from the same university for our Diploma, they literally throw all the assignments directly into our faces and expect us to juggle it straight away even before we could properly orientate ourselves. 

Let me tell you, if you need a breather between your Diploma and Degree, TAKE A BREAK. It is completely fine to not rush into your Bachelor's Degree if you are still feeling tired from plowing through your Diploma years so don't try to apply back into university just because most of your friends are doing it. It is not a joke when your seniors tell you that both levels of education are tremendously different from one another and that doing your Degree is a whole new level of exhaustion and dedication. And that is really why I haven't been able to do things like blogging or make YouTube videos because...I JUST CAN'T FIND THE TIME AND ENERGY. Even when I finally had a week off for our mid-semester break, I just spent the whole week bumming around at home simply to recuperate from all the work in the past couple of months.

Now that things are finally moving smoothly and everything is not as crazy, how do I feel about all this?

I ENJOY IT!

Despite the exhaustion and several health issues due to fatigue and all, I am enjoying my time here. It was scary and intimidating and if I'm completely honest, I still feel intimidated by the number of assignments that I still have at hand...but every day is a new challenge and sometimes a sudden adventure pops up out of nowhere. Sure there were times when I find certain events or programs completely ridiculous and only gained exhaustion from them, but those are still experiences that I could never have had if I did not continue my studies. Moreover being a Broadcasting major means that I am always finding myself out on the field, being behind the scenes and heading out to various studios to watch tons of productions. It sounds fun to be going to TV stations and seeing celebrities left and right but at the end of the day you'll just be half-dead from fatigue. But again, those experiences will teach you and you continue to gain so much knowledge -and even some stamina from being on set for 12 hours. 

All that matters is that...you are brave enough to step out of your comfort zone. Heck, JUMP OUT OF IT! 

I personally wanted to do Public Relations which meant that I deal with corporate situations and they are far more relaxed and not as adventurous as us Broadcasting students. However, if I had not decided to change my mind, I would probably just die of boredom from all the textbooks I have to read and be stuck doing research studies -all that had been done during my Diploma years. I wouldn't have been able to enter a control room and witness how the director handles multiple cameras seamlessly for a live show. I wouldn't have been able to go on-air for a radio broadcast or even have the chance to perform live on TV. I wouldn't have found these ridiculous yet vibrant people I call my new friends and classmates. 

Some things you will never be able to discover if you don't get out of your comfort zone. So try and do it now! Even the smallest steps could change your outlook in life. What is important is to find the courage to do so, and enjoy the little blessings before stumbling onto bigger opportunities. 


Cheers to new adventures!



Assalamualaikum & ciao!
| Anis Diana



Popular Posts