NIGHTMARE

Somebody...anybody...wake me up from this nightmare.


He was always more than just another K-Pop idol to me. SHINee was never just my favourite K-Pop group. Through the six years of being their fan, their music guided me through my darkest days and their voices became my light. Six years of being supported. Six years of blessings.

But today, one of the angels that graced my six years have passed away.

I was in denial. I refused to believe the news. I laughed at every message by friends wishing me condolences as I felt...why would they feel sorry for me when he is not gone yet?

And after a few hours of constant denial, confusion and rejection...acceptance came and greeted me in the most brutal way.

I sat in my car alone, unable to get out and head up to my apartment. I did not want to face anyone...especially with the tears welling up in my eyes.

As I saw the official statement of his departure...I cried. I wailed. I gasped for air.


My chest hurt so bad I could not breathe. My tears would not stop and soiled both of my sleeves. My mind ached at the fact that this was reality.

No, this is a nightmare.

This is unreal.


Somebody...anybody... I beg of you.

Wake me up from this horrible nightmare.

This is unbearable.






Popular Posts