Habits (Comfort Zone)

No...not referring to the song by Tove Lo although it's something I've been listening to lately..haha

I was in my lazy mood, browsing random videos on YouTube as usual; it's an addiction and I need help. Nothing big other than scaring myself by watching Pewdiepie curse at horror games, catch up on Jenn from clothesencounter's latest videos and laughing with Simon and Martina on Eatyourkimchi until I came upon this channel BuzzFeedVideo.

At the beginning I was watching the more casual videos like 'Breakfast Hacks You Can Make In 5 Minutes' which are yummy suggestions by the way and 'The Best Sounds In The World' or 'Awkward Things You Do When You're Crushing'...nothing serious.

Then I came to watch this video;


It seemed like a normal video but the commentary as well as the flow of the video made me think twice about this topic...what really is my creative habit?

We all have our own habits and things we do subconsciously that is familiar and comforting when we are able to complete the process. It may be due to an emotional state that we are in just as how Tove Lo needs to stay high after a bad break up -something I definitely disagree on...just DON'T.

It may be because...just because we always did it from before...it is a ritual that we find ourselves religiously repeating almost daily. Some contribute to our creativity as it sparks the flame of inspiration and motivation. It may not specifically be for artistic purposes; that is not the case whatsoever. We may just suddenly have a motivation to go out and lead a healthier lifestyle or create a lifegoal that we wish to achieve in the next ten years or even an idea on what to wear for our next date.

In a nutshell...our habits aid us in giving ourselves a spark in life, making it less dull without us realizing it. Surprising how such mundane daily activities slowly push us forward in life.

And so...I came to a conclusion that my personal and most precious creative habit is...spending a few hours just sitting in my comfort zone which is here~!


the same photo as above but...in colour! Wheee~

This is my desk where I studied for SPM, where I spend most of my time on the internet, where I write, draw, eat (yes, I do) and where I cried...a lot. I cried when I'm on the internet watching SHINee videos and being overwhelmed by their perfection...don't judge. I cried when I just put on my 'melancholy playlist' to escape the pressures of reality... I cried out of pure frustration... I cried out of pure joy... basically, it's a place where I can be my honest and weak self.

At times when I'm not hysterically emotional, I'm just spending hours with my pencils, my paints and my markers; creating horrendous doodles or even masterpieces that I would be proud of for the next 5 years. I always type out my blog entries with my laptop and I write in my diary here. Sometimes I'd even sleep here, waking up in the next 2 hours with major backaches.

It's my temple. It is where I feel the most ME...


I know we should never spend too much time in our comfort zone...we should go out and explore the world and its limitless beauty. But I do believe that we must never abandon where we most feel comfortable.

Do the things you always did even if you've done it thousands of times already.

Spend hours in the place where you can just sit or lie down doing almost nothing.

Because every person needs a place to go back to after facing reality...we need to go home...

...and that itself is a habit~






Gosh this post is so messed up but I just felt inspired to do it. And yes, I was inspired for an entire blog (I even took pictures, edit in vscocam and transfer it to my laptop to upload it here!) by just lazing about in my pyjamas since 10AM and it is almost 4PM. #NoShame


Assalamualaikum and ciao~

| Anis Diana


Popular Posts