Persevere

At times, life will try its best to knock you down and make you kneel on the ground, crying...begging...broken. It will not rest to make you suffer in its dark and depressing moments and that very darkness is extremely powerful. You would feel helpless in its wrath and your tears would seem endless. Sometimes rage takes over and it leads you to do countless of regretful things...say unwanted words that would not only hurt others, but its double-edged blade would pierce you just as deeply.

Other times, it will grant you happiness that is like no other. You will be smiling all day long, surrounded by a beautiful moment with your loved ones and everything seemed perfect. Your heart will flutter every second and all you could think of is for that moment to never end. The sun shines brightly at day, and the moon and stars guide you with their lights at night...everything is beautiful and magical.

Life is one hell of a tease.

Currently, I'm happy with life. I feel joyful and blessed with the people I'm with and how I am able to keep smiling everyday without worries. I feel happy to go home and I'm also in love with Melaka; in fact, I feel at home either I'm in room 133 or in house 254. My family welcomes me well at home...I eat delicious foods prepared with my mother's beloved hands and I sleep in my beautiful room. At the same time, I have my two beautiful roommates whom I share so many emotions with in that small yet comfortable room. I get to meet all my friends and I am surrounded with nothing but freedom; day and night.

However, it is not as if I have not tasted the bitterness of heartaches and sorrow...but I will live everyday to fight it.

Everyone has the rights to smile and laugh every single day of their lives but it is up to us to get up and struggle to find happiness and once you do, persevere.




Assalamualaikum
| Anis Diana

Popular Posts