2 Years in 3 Hours

With Zakky and Sera~<3
I still have a hard time accepting the fact that I'm about to finish my diploma by this year; not to mention that I finished my high school almost 3 years ago! It's funny to think how time is one of the things we take for granted the most...and that's why making the conscious effort to reconnect with old friends is so precious.

Thankfully, I finally have some time to myself this next couple of weeks before my final semester begins and coincidentally, Sera (my friend since Standard 5) reached out to me on Twitter and told me that she had just started her semester break and I was like YES. We need to meet up!

And so we did on Tuesday night. We had dinner at 99 KEBAB which is literally less than a 2-minute drive from our houses and...there was so much to talk about. Honestly, a couple of hours was not enough and we ended up going home before 10PM but I have to say, it felt soooo good to meet up with her. I mean we practically know each other for almost a decade now and despite being apart for a few years, we can still chat like close friends the minute we meet up again.

Oh! And while we were talking, we mentioned our other friend - Zakiyyah a.k.a Zakky~ who is our high school friend since Form 1 (oh, and did I mention all of us lived in the exact same neighbourhood...? XD) and I remembered that my mom bumped into her at a store she was working at. So I immediately set a plan to ambush her at that store the next day and yeah, we tore down the store with our obnoxious reunion! Mwuahahahaha! I invited her to dinner that night with Sera and we settled at McDonald's and once again...SO MANY STORIES, TOO LITTLE TIME. We even changed locations to 99 Kebab just because...I wanted their mashed potatoes. SO. DELICIOUS. (your fault for introducing them to me, Sera...)

In fact, this time we hung out until almost 11PM and boy was my dad not happy about that... huhuhu... But honestly when you haven't met for 2 years, you're practically desperate for every single second you have to just catch up.

Life is so hectic with all our studies, work, family and other peers but it's amazing how just meeting up can make those blank years disappear and it felt like we were high school students chit chatting, laughing and having a good time like the old days...sans the uniforms though. Haha!




 And here's a little melodrama that I had with the Kebab shop's little girl...

"ooohh~ a camera!"
"what is this two finger pose thingy.....?"
"meh...okay I'm bored...byee!"


My advice? Don't disengage old friendships even when you have new ones. To me, not only did I reconnect with my old friends; but I met up with my old self...where I was years ago and what my life was back then. It made me a lot more humble in a sense...as if to not lose sight of my roots even as I'm growing up and struggling to reach higher and higher in life.
Syukur Alhamdulillah for my friends, old and new and I hope to try my best in cherishing all the relationships I make in this life.


Assalamualaikum and ciao~!


| Anis Diana

Popular Posts