Love or Self?

"You shall never love anyone if you do not learn to love yourself first."
The Black Heart by TheOutcast1821 @ DeviantArt


I neither remember when was the first time I listened to this phrase nor whom it was spoken by. It was one of those phrases where it came from nowhere and it just stuck to me for a really long time and it related so well with me.

Sometimes in life, you have days where you feel so much love to this one person and you'd start to hallucinate in your own heaven up in your mind. Everything seemed perfect when you are with them and you'd wish that time stopped for you to cherish such a beautiful moment. Well, let me tell you....

...it is an illusion.



I am guilty for having those illusions and I know I personally love to live in the present. I hate to think about the future when it came to love...but through my experiences, the changes I tried to have and the suppression I made onto myself, I've learned that love is never perfect nor is it important enough to personify your life.

Love is an accessory. You look and feel better with it...but it's just an accessory.

Self is YOU; what you are, what you are born as and what you will bring to death. How can you lead a successful, happy life without prioritizing your own self worth first?

Yes, I love the people I have in my life. I appreciate all they have done for me and I wish to give it all back equally or more.

But you know what? Sometimes...selfishness is not a negative thing. I've learned to be grateful and to live life to the fullest and that includes love; but I'm not stupid enough to live for love. The scars I've gained through love will never heal...but it is not the most painful I've been through.


This is my life, and I'm the judge of my own self worth.





Music; ENAMEL by SID (シド)

Popular Posts