Break

"Break away from everybody,
Break away from everything.
If you can't stand the way this place is,
Take yourself to higher places."



So...I'm not going to talk about coffee or the chocolate lava or both that I have in the photo...things might get a tad bit serious here for today.

In the past couple of weeks, I've gone through quite a few emotional phases in which were fueled mostly by the people around me. Don't get me wrong, there are plenty of great people surrounding me ever since I entered UiTM and I feel blessed everyday for it. 

It's just that...when these nice people start to judge you, that's when hell starts.

They say I've changed...

They say I am different...

...and then, they start talking as if they knew me oh so well.


First, let me state the obvious: you all are obviously stupid.

Of course I changed. In case you did not know, there is a thing called 'evolution' and if you really do not understand; GOOGLE IT. Nothing in this world stays the same. Change is everywhere and it happens at every second. Humans change everyday...we can never be stuck in our comfort zones for that will just be our doom. We grow...we learn new things...we wake up everyday with a chance to be a better person than yesterday. Why are you scolding me for embracing a natural phenomenon? Why is it so wrong for me to change myself for the better?

Sure, I may make mistakes along the way...I'm nothing but a mere mortal.

Next, why is it a big deal that I am different now than when you first met me?

Story time: I was a very introverted person. I was shy and insecure about everything. However, I decided to accept my weakness and try to overcome all my insecurities and become a better me. What is so wrong for me to be friends with new people...more so with boys? Just because I never did it before and suddenly I had the courage to be friendly with them? Who are you to judge me when you barely know me for over four months?

Control your perception; especially when you only touched the tip of the iceberg.

Finally, am I going to behave as how you want me to...according to your expectations? 




NO.


I am a very vocal person. Yes, I do notice my mistakes and I appreciate direct approaches. But when you talk behind my back; demeaning me over something while expecting me to realize it on my own, you are no better than me. I will continue to change and continue to live my life as I wish...and I will live it for the people that I love.

To live according to your expectations of me? FUCK NO.



My advice to those handling peer pressure and societal expectations, stay strong. Nobody knows you as how you do. Remember to always be aware of your social standings and maintain respect for everyone. However, if someone tries to bring you down...keep them very near you.
As they say, keep your friends close, your enemies closer.

Never stay the same and always evolve. Be a better person everyday and strive to be higher. Not because you want to prove those who condemned you how low they are below you, but because you deserve every step that lifts you up to be above them.


...and always take a coffee break. It helps, I swear.





Music; Break - Three Days Grace






Assakamualaikum & ciao~
| Anis Diana












Popular Posts