Caramel Cappuccino Craze!

I'm pretty sure a normal university student that had just went back to campus would just be cramped in their dorms and having a really rough time to drag their feet to class -as a matter of fact, I expected just that on my first day.

However, it is really fun how life just toss you around at times and makes everything a tad bit more exciting~

The Coffee Bean & Tea Leaf @ Aeon Bandaraya Melaka

To put everything in a simple diary entry, my week was filled with coffee...like...the most coffee I've ever had in just a week. I do drink coffee but my the most I would have in seven days would be two cups or so. This week however, I had coffee almost everyday and since I have been in places with cafes, I just splurged on them: especially on cappuccino. I believe I have reached the point where I can clearly say that it is my favourite blend specifically when added with caramel syrup. Yumm...

The Coffee Bean & Tea Leaf has always been my go-to place since I find the taste a lot stronger yet smoother than Starbucks (just a personal opinion!). I love how the caramel syrup is kept at a minimum so I can really taste the mix of espresso and milk. I do add in 2 sachets of brown or raw sugar, NEVER white because...I honestly do not know. It just tastes so much better.

It's A Grind @ Cyberjaya
It's A Grind was a random find when I went to Cyberjaya with my boyfriend (saving this part for another story) and when we went for lunch, this cafe was situated just beside the restaurant and the moment I stepped in, I smiled. ^_^

The baristas and other workers were very friendly and I was definitely impressed when the barista actually kept me informed about the number of shots, syrup and the size because....most big franchises hire people who are just in for selling you the drink and never actually knowing the coffee.

I was very happy with the coffee especially the tree design he made. It was a first experience for me but I'm very satisfied.

McCafe @ Damansara Perdana
It's McCafe....what else should I say more? It's everywhere...like Starbucks...hahahaha. However, this McCafe had a barista who actually did her job very well. I've had many crappy cappuccinos from many different McCafe locations but she took her time to focus and actually make a tasty coffee. It took a while due to the other customers but I was pretty happy with my drink!


Starbucks @ somewhere at the highway...
And of course...the oh-so famous Starbucks. It is literally everywhere in Malaysia and is still considered to be 'hipster' although it's pretty much mainstream. Hmm...

Anyways, as a personal opinion, since Starbucks is everywhere and the demand for employees are high as well as customers just keep pouring in, they usually make very rushed coffee that was ground long beforehand and is definitely not fresh for my taste buds. So I usually try to choose another franchise if I had the choice.

For that one day though, my boyfriend and I were driving back to Melaka and we both needed caffeine in our system so we found this rest stop by the highway and it was not all too crowded. We saw Starbucks and he said he had never tried it before so I agreed to buy a Frappuccino for him and I had my caramel cappuccino. Since it was pretty relaxed, he barista took his time with my order and thus creating my best Starbucks experience ever. I guess...with big franchises, to get quality you must choose the right timing. #NoteToSelf




So that is all for my crazy coffee week...I did not experience any form of insomnia or whatnot and I had to write about it because I enjoyed my days with these franchises and their coffee so this is my shout out for them. I am nowhere close to being a passionate coffee lover, but I do love coffee...and everyone should too!


Assalamualaikum & ciao~

|Anis Diana









Popular Posts