Birth Control..wait, what?


Obviously from the title you can already guess...this is going to be a little storytelling session. And it's a weird one so get ready~ ^_^


For those of you who may not know I am very thin and short and for all of my life I have never crossed the line of a maximum 42 kg in weight. Currently, I have not even seen the scale -may it be analog or digital- go up to 39 for almost 4 years. It is mostly because I have very strong metabolism which results in my BMI's average of 15. Not once have I ever stepped foot into the 'normal' category.

In conjunction with being severely underweight, I also have other illnesses that contributes to me consistently staying thin.

And as of today, I have discovered that all the above caused me to have been in a constant period, bleeding for almost 2 months. TWO MONTHS.


Long story short, I was sent to the hospital and was diagnosed by a gynecologist (thank God it was a lady) in which I had my blood pressure checked all the way to a full-blown ultrasound scan. Do you know what ultrasound scans are used most often for?? PREGNANCIES! I was literally made to lie down like what they do to pregnant women and get that gooey jelly all over my abdomen to scan my uterus.

By the way, I actually got to see how my ovaries looked like...it was so bizarre! I've studied the anatomy of a female reproductive system in Biology but to see mine was a really interesting experience...hahaha

In the end, it turned out that I had a problematic hormonal instability and I am prescribed birth control pills to control my menstrual cycle and also to avoid from having severe blood loss.


So I am NOT PREGNANT, okay? Hahaha...

All in all, it was a fun and weird experience for me. I have never had any experiences close to seeing a gynecologist, let alone get an ultrasound scan and being given birth control pills. But I do think it is an eye-opening experience and to know that I'm not as healthy as I seem to be reminds me to try harder to appreciate the health that I've been blessed with.

Moral of the story; go and get your vagina scanned and see your ovaries. Seriously. It was cool.




Assalamualaikum and ciao~!
|Anis Diana






Follow my blog with Bloglovin

Popular Posts