Page 1, Lessons Learned

"One chapter ends...another begins.
Happy New Year!"


Another year has passed and boy...how does time fly so fast nowadays. It really felt like yesterday when I first settled into my dorm at UiTM and truthfully, so much has happened since. Anyway, I'll be keeping this post short and sweet considering that I don't want to start the new year with an obnoxious essay so...yeah! Here is a summary of the lessons I learned in 2014.

Obviously, it was not a smooth sail last year. So much happened and I was forced to cope with a lot of unfamiliar situations. I had to learn from scratch on how to adapt myself and there were times where I felt fake and...plastic. I tried to be different and I wanted people to accept me.

Boy, that was a stupid idea.

2014 really taught me that no matter what happens, the best me...is ME.
I do not have to change my personality because nobody can. Our personalities are what create us from the depths of our hearts and they make us who we are. If we try to run away from it, that is when we become fake. But when we embrace it, we become more powerful than we ever were. It is not easy and there will be moments that we'd find it impossible...especially to accept ourselves. Just...never give up. The freedom in embracing our true selves -physically, mentally and spiritually- is worth it.
"Acceptance is the key to be truly free."
- Katy Perry's "Unconditionally" (2013)


One other major lesson from 2014 that I learned was that things change.
Change was frightening to me. When I was 15, it was so terrifying to think about the things or people that were around me in a different way. I wanted everything in my comfort zone to stay as they are and never change. That fear crippled me but Alhamdulillah, I was able to overcome that very fear last year. It was not at all simple and there were times where I broke down and just cried for days. However, we cannot become better without sacrifice. It hurts...but we will be fine.



So what are my 2015 resolutions? I do not know yet...but I might be doing a post about that soon. So to all reading this now, I hope you have a great new year. Let's fly high this year and step out of our comfort zone and live life the best we can. Thank you 2014 and...


...WELCOME, 2015.





Music; Unconditionally - Katy Perry


Assalamualaikum & ciao!
| Anis Diana









Follow my blog with Bloglovin

Popular Posts