[DIARY] A Change after 4 Days

For the past 4 days, I went for a camp that my school hosted and it is called the 'Kem Ibadah Bestari' and it was made specifically for the Muslim Form 5 students. First and foremost, I like to say that I felt so much of change after this event spiritually and mentally. I took this camp really seriously and despite the struggles I had to face, I was embedded with a better mindset and a WHOLE lot more motivation to study for my SPM results~ So here is my story...!


 It was held at a rural-ish place (Ulu Sepri, Rembau, Negeri Sembilan) and we were completely surrounded with the jungle. I think we were actually by the mountainside as the air was so cool and refreshing! The female and male students were all separated 14 groups (for the girls) and 4 groups (for boys) by the teachers and the group members are actually our roommates. The girls stayed in these brick-walled chalets and they were pretty small considering that there were 7-8 girls in each chalets. We only had 3 beds and a few extra mattresses and a single bathroom. The boys, however, get to have an apartment-styled house with multiple rooms, a living room, a dining area and a kitchen with a refrigerator. Ugh no fair...

A few of my friends were a bit grumpy about the whole roommate thing but I was fortunate enough to have such cool roommates~ I have met them all in the same classes except for one girl throughout my years in high school so I was able to mingle with them pretty well. I have NO complaints about my roommates and preferred to stay with them instead of going to another chalet during our free times.

We had many lectures that were focused on studies and also religious matters and at first, I did feel sleepy but I decided to take them seriously and told myself to FOCUS! With the help of some prayers, I was able to stay awake and absorb a lot of information and advice from the lectures. I even had fun participating too! ^_^ The lectures gave so much of motivation and inspired me to keep working hard despite the little time we have left.

The biggest thing that left a large impact on me would be the religious activities we had. We had to wake up at 4 every morning to do our Subuh (dawn) prayers. I was never a morning girl but I was very enthusiastic to go and do these prayers and listen to the tazkirah (small talks) by the imam. I was even very excited to do the Solat Sunat before each prayer. With the right niat, I NEVER slept in the tazkirahs and I felt closer to Allah because of this... I really do believe that the more belief and faith we have in Allah, we are able to achieve ANYTHING!

We also had a jungle trekking activity on Sunday from 2:30PM to around 5:30PM and woah, it was the best. It was very strenuous for an asthmatic person like me but I enjoyed it so much. We did more climbing than actual walking since our goal was to reach the waterfall so I had to take stops around 3 times as my lungs were aching and I didn't want to get an attack. However, my boyfriend was a super sweetheart and he slowed down his pace to look after me and eventually he waited so that I could catch up. Thanks my dear if you are reading this!
It was a long climb and unfortunately we had to turn back and find a shortcut to the river since there was a landslide that blocked the way. So sad....but we managed to reach our destination and play in the cool and refreshing river anyway~ There were a few students who were bitten by leeches and others crammed their legs but nobody got severely hurt. There was a tiny leech that got onto my shoe and I was like "Hey~ a leech!" and got it off myself. I was kinda excited since it was my first time with a leech...although I know it was dangerous since it could have entered and bit me and sucked my blood... X'D

Oh, and the best part is....the food. Oh My God...it is AMAZING. The breakfast, snack, lunch, tea, dinner and supper meals were GNARLY and I loved everything...from the roti canai to the burger (on the last night which was FABULOUS!) and the heavy meals were also great...just great... *sigh* I would love to go back to that camp just for the food...hehe!

Overall, I think the camp was a great success and I really loved it despite the tiredness I had...I literally slept like a log when I reached home. Haha~ Now, I really do feel the urge to study hard and become more disciplined because if I was able to wake up at 3.30AM and not be sleepy until around 11:30PM, then I definitely have enough energy to do my best for SPM!

I may be a little late to start studying EVERYTHING again, but hey, nothing is impossible! So I will give my best starting with Addmaths today! Wish me luck everyone!

Ciao~

Comments

Popular Posts